Danielle Finley | September 26, 2014
Freshman, you have been at La Salle University for around a month now. You have experienced what it’s like to be at LaSalle and may have even flourished into an Explorer. That being said it is time to adventure into the city of Philadelphia. Luckily fall is the perfect time to do so. The city is beautiful and the atmosphere is more than welcoming. Here is a list of the places and events, I recommend you visit. Hope to see you there because I’m going too.
- Watch a football game! Well, La Salle does not have a football team but we do have an amazing Men and Women’s rugby team. Watching rugby to a new spectator may be confusing because the sport is very intense. Its jaw dropping to watch the teams endure so much physical pain while smiling. Both teams absolutely love the sport and playing the game. So find a good seat on the bleachers and prepare to watch one of the greatest games played by some of the toughest students here at LaSalle University.
- Attend Campus Philly CollegeFest! Philadelphia will welcome back thousands of college students during its annual Campus Philly CollegeFest, a city-wide day of discounts, giveaways, entertainment and free admission to museums and more on September 27. By spending a few hours in Fairmount you will be among students from different Philadelphian schools, eat some delicious food from the food truck vendors and see some art. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
- Shop around at First Friday! Every first Friday of the month in Philadelphia there are outside vendors selling unique handmade art, jewelry and novelty gifts. The best part is all the vendors are on the streets giving it a flea market vibe but with an urban flare only Philly knows. If you’re on a budget which most students are, everything is reasonably priced.
- Jam out at the Fishtown River City Festival! On October 11th there is a fun run to start off the day through Fishtown, then local musicians will take stage as you shop around and eat some great food. This event is free and looks like a low key day to just hang out in a beautiful part of Philadelphia.
- Harry Potter Fans! At Chestnut Hill on October 17th-18th, Wizardry will be in the air. This popular event will include live entertainment, food, and hunting for Horcruxes. Watch local colleges face-off at a Quidditch tournament and more during the magical weekend celebration.